Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nature & Me


Nature means a lot to me. It reminds me of greenery, freedom, childhood & myself. I have always been attached & attracted to nature.

My native place is Sirsi in India is a small town on the foot hills of Sahyadri mountain ranges with lots of green forest & green field. Because of the nature of my fathers job we travelled around lot of places. But my summer vacation used to be in this native place. I would wait for this vacation. It was eat, play & sleep in the forest or in the areca nut plantation. I always loved it as my grand-parents house was full of people & they would pamper me. Those are the sweetest memories which I still cherish.

Then I joined a residential school in Gajanur near Shimoga, which was on the banks of river Tunga. There was a mountain as backdrop for the school. Plenty of open space, greenery & walking distance from Tunga dam. What else can u ask for? Next seven years were spent here for studies. It was one of those good old daysssss.

From there I moved on to Bangalore for studies & to Delhi for Job. These big cities literally didn't had anything to be called as greenery. Busy city with busy people, where nobody has time for anybody..... including me. For last ten years I had been into the same life style of workaholics. During that time my brush with nature was only when we went to Himachal or Uttaranchal. But one day I had an job offer from a company in New Zealand. It was ten difficult days of deciding whether to stay in pressure cooker like job or to move to a new place & start from scratch. At last we decided to move to "UNTOUCHED WORLD" or "Land of Long white cloud".

Yes, New Zealand is "Untouched World" in many aspects & one of them is nature. It has enough beaches, walking tracks, adventure sports, breath taking scenery's...... list is very longgggg. Before we could realise, it is almost two years now in NZ. I have been hooked on to the hobby of photography. I hope the journey of life continues like this along with the nature for ever..................








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog makes good reading. Keep posting. Photos are awesome !