Saturday, September 12, 2009

Conquering fear

I had always been afraid of driving either bike or car. It may be because, during my teenage days, I had a small accident when I was riding the bike. I have forgotten the incident. But it is somewhere always creeping in my sub conscious mind. So even though, I got my first car in 2003, I hardly drove it.

But when I was supposed to join the new job in New Zealand, main concern for me and my new company was how I will drive on New Zealand roads, as travelling is part of my job.

So when I landed in Auckland, the very next day I got a Mazda Ute 2.5ltr turbo charge. What a promotion......!!!! from 800CC small car to 2500CC huge Ute. I was pissed off, after seeing the vehicle. More than me my wife was afraid, how I am going to drive.  But I started driving the Ute.

Yesterday I got a new Toyota Hilux 3Ltr Ute from company. It's much bigger and better than the earlier one. And I have started enjoying driving this. I have not allowed to my wife to drive it yet. It gives unusal power in your hand when you are on driving seat.

I dream of driving a Hummer one day........... but not to own one.

No comments: